Grilled Pork Chops With Chimichurri Sauce
- 1 cup packed flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup packed cilantro leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red chile pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
For the Pork Chops:
- 4 thick-cut (1 1/2-inch-thick) bone-in pork chops (14 to 16 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
For the chimichurri sauce, combine all ingredients in a food processor with 1 tablespoon water. Process until blended; set aside.
Prepare a gas or charcoal grill for medium-heat cooking, leaving one area of the grill cool (this will be a place to transfer the chops if they flare up). Brush chops all over with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill, turning once or twice, until just cooked through, about 15 minutes. Watch the chops carefully, and move them to the cool area of the grill if they flare up or brown too quickly. Let rest 5 minutes; serve with the chimichurri on the side.