Fit in some Fitness!
• Physical activity can be a better morning boost than caffeine. Set your alarm 10 minutes early, and devote the time to stretching or taking a short walk or bike ride to start off your day.
• If you work close to home, leave the car and walk or bike in.
• Driving to work? Park your car at the back of the parking lot and make up the distance on foot.
• Instead of driving the kids to school, start a “walking school bus” with other parents and take turns walking groups of neighborhood kids to and from school. Encourage older children to walk or bike to school.
• Take the stairs instead of the elevator whenever possible.
• Instead of sending an email, walk across the office to relay a message to a coworker.
• Contract your stomach and back muscles, roll your shoulders and stretch your neck while sitting in your chair.
• Take a break from sitting once an hour, and set aside 10 minutes of your lunch break for a brisk walk.