• 3 eggs, separated
• 3 tablespoons whole milk cottage cheese (Daiya Brand) or 3 tablespoons cream cheese
• 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
• (Optional) 1 packet artificial sweetener
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Separate the eggs very carefully, there must be no yolk in the white.
3. In one bowl, mix together the egg yolks, the 3 T. of Cottage Cheese OR Cream Cheese and
the one packet of Sweetener until smooth.
4. In the other bowl add 1/4 teaspoon of Cream of Tartar to the whites and beat the whites
on high speed until they are fluffy and form nice peaks.
5. Very carefully fold the egg yolk mixture into the egg whites until mixed, but try and not
break down the fluffiness of the egg whites too much.
6. Spray two cookie sheets with Pam or other fat-free cooking spray.
7. With a large spoon, “scoop” the mixture into 10 even rounds on the sheets (about the size
of the top-half of a hamburger bun; roughly 3/4 inch thick and 4 to 5 inches across).
8. Bake on the middle rack. Here is when you have to watch them, because the cooking
time is not the same on any two batches. It is somewhere around 1/2 hour, but it could be
less or more. You just need to watch them until them become nice and golden brown
(again, the color of a McDonalds bun).
9. Remove from the pans and cool on a rack or cutting board.
10. While warm they are crumbly and similar to cooked meringue – but don’t let this fool
you! Once completely cool, seal them in a ziplock storage baggie or a tupperware over
night. They will totally change their consistency, to something much more like bread – a
softer texture that is nice and chewy.