Summertime can be so cruel when it comes to your weight, and not just because of Summer treats. What gives? If pounds are piling on, here are five reasons why.
- Ugh, it’s too hot to excercise. Heat and humidity are brutal, so if you can’t summon the get-up-and-go to exercise outside, that’s what air-conditioned gyms and swimming pools are for.
- You could really go for a cold one right about now. Whether it’s an ice cold beer, lemonade, sweetened iced tea, fruit smoothie, or margarita on the rocks, all those chilly drinks (especially the alcoholic variety) are full of calories. Drink good ol’ ice water or seltzer whenever you’re parched.
- Another barbecue? Sure. I literally am invited to one barbecue a week, and since I love grilled foods, I just can’t say no. Steer clear of the beer, chips and dip, potato salad, and ribs smothered in barbecue sauce. Go for grilled veggies and lemon water instead.
- It’s sacrilegious to go to a carnival or ball game and pass on the Summer treats. Cotton candy, candy apples, funnel cake, corn dogs, hot dogs, sausage sandwiches, soft pretzels, curly fries — I just gained a pound thinking about all that. Make a rule to eat before your go so you won’t be tempted.
- Outdoor seating at restaurants call to you. Eating outside on an adorable patio with the Summer breeze and twinkling candles is fun and romantic, but if you’re eating out more, you’re most likely also consuming more calories. Make your own romantic spot right in your own backyard and then you control the menu!
Stay positive and stay focused and you will suceed!