Spinach Salad with Grilled Shrimp – all phases, serves 4-6
as adapted from Cooking Light
- 1/2 cup Walden Farms Sesame Ginger dressing
- 1 teaspoon extravirgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- olive oil cooking spray
- 8 cups baby spinach (about 8 ounces)
- 2 cups thinly sliced shiitake mushroom caps (about 4 ounces)
- 3/4 cup thinly vertically sliced red onion
- Prepare grill.
- To prepare shrimp, combine 2 teaspoons olive oil and next 6 ingredients (through shrimp) in a large bowl; toss well. Thread about 5 shrimp onto each of 6 (8-inch) skewers. Place skewers on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 3 minutes or until done.
- To prepare salad, add Sesame Ginger dressing, spinach, mushrooms, and onion; toss gently to coat. Serve with shrimp skewers.