Lemon and Garlic Grilled Chicken
Lemon and Garlic Grilled Chicken – all phases, serves 2
as adapted from Mels Kitchen cafe
- Juice of 1 lemon, approximately 3 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic, about 2 medium cloves
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound chicken breasts (I usually cut really thick chicken breasts down to thin them out and make the pieces a little smaller so they absorb the marinade better)
- Combine all marinade ingredients. Place chicken in a ziploc bag and pour marinade over chicken. Seal bag and place in fridge overnight. Grill. Note: If you cut your chicken into smaller, bite-sized pieces and then marinate it, you can get away with only letting it marinate for 5 or 6 hours instead of overnight.
- Often, I will double the marinade and chicken and grill it all up and freeze the extras to use later.