Asian-Style Shiitake Mushrooms & Baby Bok Choy
as adapted from tartineandapronstrings.com
- shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and caps sliced
- a small bag of baby bok choy, cut vertically in half
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Braggs liquid aminos
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoons Walden Farms pancake syrup
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons Walden Farms Sesame ginger dressing
- Brush away the dirt of shiitake mushrooms, remove the stems and slice the caps.
- Rinse the baby bok choy completely to remove the grit and dirt stuck in between leaves. Slice the baby bok choy vertically in half. Dry leaves with a towel.
- In a bowl, whisk together vinegar, liquid aminoes, water, pancake syrup, and Sesame ginger dressing. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a pan over medium heat, heat olive oil and add the garlic, cooking until fragrant and translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Add the shiitake mushrooms and cook until soft, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Then, add the baby bok choy and cook until soft, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the reserved sauce into the pan and cook, stirring continuously until the vegetables are coated. Adjust the seasoning, if needed.